Friday, November 14, 2014

Satan's tricks don't end when you have an epiphany

I posted yesterday morning about how Satan is so tricky and knows just what buttons to push for me personally. Now, I know I make my own choices so I'm not casting blame, I'm just saying he knows the ways in which I am particularly vulnerable. I had this epiphany that gave me clarity on some things B had said when in "addict mode." I thought, "Whew, made it past that difficulty, now things will be good for a while." Yeah, NO. See, there are more buttons for Satan to push.

Yesterday the whole Kim Kardashian naked pictures in the magazine news was everywhere I turned. I did not see the actual photos but blurred pictures were all over the internet and I saw them without trying. It made me frustrated at the state of society and the whole-hearted acceptance of sexual objectification in main-stream media and society and life. I vented, I processed, I got past it.

This morning I logged onto facebook. The first item on my newsfeed wass a large picture from an artist that I follow of an ass. It is a colored drawing in which the butt takes up about 60% of the space. The artist was celebrating 170k likes on his "Desktop" drawing. I'm sorry dear artist but the likes weren't for the merit of your artistic ability, they were from people who like to see asses on their desktop. Not the same thing. See, here's the thing. In the spirit of honesty I will share way too much information. B is an butt guy. There are many experiences I could share that would explain why seeing a huge butt on my facebook feed sent me into a tizzy but we'll leave it at that. Butts are super triggery for me.

I started a post that was a commentary on the state of society's acceptance of sexually explicit material. But for now my heart wasn't in that. Maybe my heart is too busy being hurt right now to think about society as a whole. I'm selfishly just thinking of myself and my pain. That is selfish. There are women who have is worse than me. There are other trials in this world that are worse than the one I'm experiencing. There are lots of things in my life to be grateful for. For the rest of the day I'll focus on those.

For the rest of the day I will try to do as we were instructed by President Gordon B. Hinckley -

“Don’t be gloomy. Do not dwell on unkind things. Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. Even if you are not happy, put a smile on your face. ‘Accentuate the positive.’ Look a little deeper for the good. Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, with great and strong purpose in your heart. Love life.”

No comments:

Post a Comment