Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Hold Fast to What You Already Know



In my prayers this weekend this has come to my mind, and the talk it is from. My mind was full of fuzz and confusion and I couldn't seem to sort it out. So I started with what I knew. Elder Holland taught (See his talk "Lord, I believe") that we should start with our belief. It is powerful. It is powerful just starting with stating some things you know to be true and going from there.

I know that God lives. I know that Jesus Christ lives. I know that the Holy Ghost works with God the Father and His son Jesus Christ to teach all of us here on earth, and comfort us, and help us along our journey. I know that I am a daughter of the God. He knows me, He loves me. My Savior knows the pain I feel. He knows the emptiness I feel. He knows the joys I feel. He knows how full my heart is when I see my son smile at me or wrap his tiny chubby arms around my neck. I think he gave me a son to heal my heart a little. I think he gave me a son to restore my faith in the male gender and to understand a little more that my husband is a son too. And there is a mother who once had her whole life light up when her first child, her little boy, smiled at her and wrapped his arms around her neck. He was once her whole world just like my son is mine. I know that Heavenly Father wants me to be with Him again, to gain eternal salvation, to be changed by this life for the better. So maybe, just maybe, the pain I feel has a purpose. It is my duty to seek and discover that purpose and be changed. To be better, more kind, more patient, more loving, more Christ-like.


No comments:

Post a Comment