Sunday, March 8, 2015

Staying out of the co-dependency

I'm feeling lots of peace today. I'm feeling like I have so much to learn, but I'm at peace with where I am and where we are in the moment.

We had a good mid-week (last post). B had been withdrawn the last couple days and has expressed that he is sad. He slipping into a depressed state which probably means he'll act out. He acted out, (numbed up), and then disclosed, so felt good about a good choice, and had a good couple days. Now he's not feeling good again, I'm sure he is wanting to numb with his drug.

The good in all this is I'm not down because he is down. Me-1 Codependecy-0. Usually I would also try and "fix" little things to make his day easier. I would clean, or do one of his chores, etc. Those are good things to do, but I think they aren't the healthiest thing if I'm doing them to make him feel better when I know it won't really make him feel better. I can do them to be nice, because I love him, or for my own sanity, but not to fix his bad mood. So, I'm not folding laundry, I'm not picking up toys, I'm not neglecting my studies to do these things that won't even make it better. Me - 2 Codependency - 0. I usually would. I've neglected so much work and school to fix his bad moods.

And I'm happy. He's sad. I'm happy. I hope he can be happy in a real way sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment