Friday, August 1, 2014

Finding motivation to work on me

I've had a hard time this week finding the motivation to work on me. I haven't been actively working through any steps for a while now but I had been making sure to read my scriptures and study the gospel and visit the hopeandhealinglds.com forum to offer support and seek it. But lately even that all felt like too much. Is it possible to just not work on it and still be fine?

I've decided yes. I should always be seeking Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ but if I am feeling okay otherwise I don't need to be working one of the 12 steps or reading a book about healing from a spouses addiction or reading blogs or visiting my ecclesiastical leaders. I'm spending my energy focusing on me, and my child, and my marriage and right now that is all I can do so it is all I should do. KISS right - keep is simple silly. I'm pretty sure Elder Uchtdorf gave a talk about exactly that, simplifying your life.

Maybe I'll seek something tomorrow, maybe not. But I know the feeling in my heart and it is telling me that I am doing okay and the reason I'm not feeling an urgent need to read as much as I can about my own recovery is because I'm in a good place right now. Tomorrow is another day but for today I'll just enjoy the peace and my baby's squinty smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment