Saturday, May 23, 2015

Silly Addict - Card Games are For Emotionally Stable People

Had a great couple of days lately. My siblings and I went to a wedding today, which was beautiful. After the toddler was in bed we all decided to play a card game (similar to phase 10). We were all laughing and having fun. B wasn't doing particularly well, in a game that is largely the luck of the draw. Oh well, it is A GAME.

He came in 3rd of 4th. He is now storming around. I asked him if he was okay. He got all pissy and ranted about how everything just reminds him of what a failure he is, yada yada yada. I reminded him it is just a game and he didn't even come in last. He's now banging around in the kitchen. (At least he's taking it out on the dishes by cleaning them!)

Welp, guess our run of a week of getting along is over! And my guess, acting out won't be too many days (or hours) behind. Who knows, maybe he is storming around because he acted out while we were all gone to the wedding.

But now for the good stuff - I didn't rescue when he went into victim mode. I didn't continue the argument either. Instead I got on my blog and decided to contemplate boundaries around playing games, and what self-care I should participate in to make sure I don't get sucked into the black hole of darkness that is currently storming around the house.

I think a good night's sleep is in order. :) And since playing games with my family makes me happy I'll probably play more tomorrow and he probably won't be invited.


2 comments:

  1. Isn't it so wonderful when we finally learn how to drop the rope?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for you! Way to take care of you!

    ReplyDelete